Monday, November 9, 2015

Union Three Pack!



I can't believe that I am staying in Union! For those of you that don't know, I have been in Union for 7 1/2 months, and President usually moves us around then or at 9 months in an area. We thought one of us was gone for sure, but instead, we are both staying, and we will be getting a third companion! Three Pack! Hah should be interesting living three of us in our little bungalow. :P 
Our first thought? We have a small water heater for 2 of us...haha 

Why are we being put into a trio? I'm not entirely sure. There are several things that we could speculate, but the real reason we are unsure of. I am wondering if they are planning on emergency transferring one of us in the middle of this next transfer. We really aren't sure why, but we know that it will be awesome because we can go into any home because there will be 3 of us and we will just have a blast! :) I am excited because it will be new and I enjoy new. :) This Saturday the Greenville East Stake is doing a mini missionary program, where the youth will go spend a day being a missionary with the missionaries. They called back and told us they are sending 2! So there will be 5 of us for that day. We are trying to figure out how we are going to be splitting up, who will bike, who will drive the car, where we will go, and what we will do. Likely, I will end up biking with one of them :P should be fun. Some people are afraid of change and different things, but my quote for this transfer has been "If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done" Elder Crapo shared that with me, I don't know where it originally came from, but I like it. :) 

This last week has been good! We have really been working with H and J! They have a lot of service to be done with the move, so we have been going over there and helping them with a lot of painting, putting down carpet, and cleaning up. The house looks way better than when we started! We have H on date for the beginning of December. We need all the prayers we can get, and send some her way!
 
I am loving this weather, and I hope it stays this way! I have been trying to take pictures, but I haven't really been able to take a whole lot, so here are some from our last DDM :) 
Love y'all! 
-Elder Joel 'Sunshine' Barker

Trying to photograph the Fall colors





Elder Bateman and I were twins.





No comments:

Post a Comment