Monday, September 21, 2015

#willingtoservethelord


Hi Momma bear!!

This week has been good, though it has tested us a lot. There has been a nasty sickness going around Union which has caused a good majority of the inhabitants to get sick. We had a lot of appointments fall through, and lost our most prime investigator. It was hard, but we got through it, and we will just work harder this next week. 
Union is such a great place, and I absolutely love being here and hope I don't get a call this Saturday.
We were down in Whitmire the other day, and we went into the gas station (not A gas station, THE gas station. The one. Haha) and I started talking to this guy, who was obviously on a road trip with his family. I asked where he was from and he said "West Virginia, and let me guess, Utah?" Haha It is crazy how we really are well known. A lot of missionaries don't realize that people know who we are, but we stick out like a sore thumb with our white shirt and tie, and people will always be watching us. BEHAVE! 
We were visiting some people with our Branch Mission Leader last night, and as we were leaving, we went through this little dip, then we here metal scraping on the ground really loud. I looked at our Mission Leader and said "You dropped your exhaust." Haha we got out and looked, and sure enough, it was there, lying on the ground. We backed back into the house, then proceeded to crawl underneath the car, and tie it up with a tiedown strap. We sounded like one of Alec's Hondas :P We fit in with the rest of the people in Union haha It made me feel like I was back home, just another day in the Jackson family, redneck fixing a vehicle. :)
We went to the Union county farm and 4H show, which was awesome! I took a bunch of pictures, but I won't be able to send them until later, due to dumb computers. :P We made some awesome contacts while we were there, and we actually got to talk, for a while, with a member that I have only been able to get in contact with once since I have been here. She lives out on a farm in the middle of no where in our area. We are going to go visit her and I'll get to play on the farm for a little while hopefully this weekend sometime. :) 
Transfer calls come in this weekend, and we have zero clue what is going to happen. Pray that it is good though! I would love another 6 weeks at least here with Elder Olmstead! :) 
Love y'all!

Hey momma! I got my flu shot!!!

One of the members gave me fresh eggs,
I had a breakfast just like home!


No comments:

Post a Comment