Monday, February 29, 2016

6 more months!


Hey y'all,
Fun week! We have had some fun times and some hard times too, but we made it.
We went on exchanges this week, and while we were on our second day, Elder Larson and I went to go do some service in the morning at the Habitat for Humanity, which we do every week. We got some lunch afterwards and headed to the library, to do some more service, actually. On our way there, we were biking through downtown and passed little theatre, which is a two room theatre, and there were a  couple people helping some Elderly folks into the building. We stopped and asked if we could help, and the guy said yeah, Of course! He was surprised when we actually stopped and locked our bikes up outside. We helped people up the stairs and down the ramp into the theatre (It was dark and they had trouble seeing) and we would help take their walkers and put them away. We thought it was kinda funny since it had been so long since either of us was in a movie theatre. We talked with the workers and told them about missionaries and what we do and they gave us their number so we could call and help out next time too. The head guy in charge thanked us for helping and asked if we wanted to stay for the movie, on him. Haha I wanted so badly to stay and watch John Wayne in True Grit, but we used it as a teaching opportunity and explained. He laughed and said, okay, next time then. Then he just winked at us haha.  It was funny.

I broke my bike this week. That sucked haha I was just biking, and the gear I was in, the actual gear itself, exploded and fell out. Reminded me of what happened to my '91 Altima, only I was at the wheel this time ;)


Mom and Dad, y'all are amazing. I took my bike to Columbia and got it fixed in a couple hours and it has worked great ever since. Thank y'all so much!

For P-day we got to go back to the Radvansky's home and play pool and bike out back on the dirt track, that was fun, but I didn't go too hard for fear of not allowing myself to work well throughout the next week. Still managed to pop my tire though, haha woo! Bike Problems!  What I liked the most about P-day though, was Elder Olmstead and Elder Bassett came to visit! It was awesome! They had a bunch of miles, and got permission to come down for a little while. It was so good to see those two, I missed them a ton! It was just like last year :) Just comfortable and fun!


Shout out to my cousin Calvin who will be getting baptized soon finally!!! I am stoked! I sent it out as a miracle moment in our district when I found out, and everyone loved hearing it, and is praying for him daily! I wish I could be there for it, but I will just have to be there in spirit! So proud of you Calvin! Love you bro!

We finally got the list of names of people that we needed in order to fulfill what President Turner has asked us to do in this area, and we are so excited to get working on it!

So, I studied the talk "The tongue of Angels" Which Elder Holland gave in April of 2007, and I loved it so much. He is amazingly powerful and very fluid in what he says. One of my favorite things that he said in it was "I have often thought that Nephi’s being bound with cords and beaten by rods must have been more tolerable to him than listening to Laman and Lemuel’s constant murmuring. Surely he must have said at least once, “Hit me one more time. I can still hear you.” "
Haha I love it so much.

I love y'all so much, I am so happy to be out here serving, and I am excited to be able to serve another 6 months and finish strong!

Until next week,
-Elder Joel 'Sunshine' Barker!


No comments:

Post a Comment