Monday, August 24, 2015

Loving mission life here in Union!


Happy week! 
This has been a really fun week and a crazy one too! 

We had Transfers on Wednesday, and it was crazy! It is so much fun to see all the people I know that are serving all over the place! It is really weird though being there and not having anyone that I came out with be there. Everyone that came out with me from the MTC has finished and gone home. 
When it was my turn to get a new companion, they called my name, I stood up, and then they called Elder Jeremy Olmstead, who was my companion when I first came back to the mission! We both freaked out! We hugged and went and sat together and were having a blast already, and President Turner said "Maybe I ought to rethink that one" and everyone laughed. It was crazy, and we are still trying to convince each other that this is actually real. Before transfers started, we were talking about how much fun it would be to get to serve around each other again, and it happened!





I also got to see Brother Clow (my other dad) at transfers, that was so nice! I had no clue he would be there! 

We have already taught some awesome lessons together, and we have some great investigators that we are working with and we have had some success there! We put one of them on date to be baptized, and we are meeting with another tomorrow to follow up on how they liked church, and we are praying to put them on date as well! 

I am learning more about the gospel at this time in my life than I ever have before, and I think it is because I am really supposed to help these specific people while I am here. I want so badly to just make them believe my words, but I know that isn't how it works. :P I keep praying for them, and praying that things will keep progressing in their time investigating this wonderful gospel. 



I am having fun, and loving it. Everyone always talks about how when you get put with a companion that you get along with just like friends, that the work moves so much faster and you have way more fun. That is happening, and I am so grateful for it. 
Loving mission life here in Union! 
Love y'all! 
-Elder Joel 'Sunshine' Barker



Bamboo Forest 




No comments:

Post a Comment